02 03 RECAVI | Lifestyle and Review Blog: Movies For A Rainy Day 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Movies For A Rainy Day

34

            You can hear the thunder and the newly dropped rain pelting your window, but there is no need to hate the day yet. Rainy days can be a day of opportunity to catch up on things, clean the house/your room, read a book, write a story, among many other things. What I do though? Apart from blogging, of course, I tend to watch movies.


          These past two days have been so rainy and gloomy where I live and I’ve had the chance to see really good movie that I will recommend to you guys so you can see and relax on a rainy day or any other day!


1. A Little Bit of Heaven
"An irreverent young woman who uses her humor to prevent matters from getting serious has a life-changing visit with her doctor."
 This movie is the cutest movie ever, filled with laughter and some guilty crying here and there. I do recommend this movie, as it became one of my favorites even if I caught it on TV almost halfway through. Kate Hudson's performance was impecable, she's a well-deserved 10 in this movie, displaying a perfect Marley whose full of life even to the last minutes of her life.


2. Titanic
"A seventeen-year-old aristocrat, expecting to be married to a rich claimant by her mother, falls in love with a kind but poor artist aboard the luxurious, ill-fated R.M.S. Titanic."
We all know Titanic, and we all cry and fight that Jack fit in the same wooden board as Rose, and we all waste boxes of Kleenex as Titanic meets its fate. I've seen this movie in VHS, DVD, 3D, 4D, at home, at the movies, and I could still see this movie again. And I did see it again, in the rainy days that overcame my town and yet again, I was not disappointed by this movie.


3. The Hunger Games 

"Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister's place in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to compete."
I've loved the Hunger Games so much ever since I read the book and became hooked, and the movies that display this book trilogy is the first ever book-to-movie that hasn't disappointed me. I could watch this movie so many times for the mere fact that I'm watching what I made up in my mind whilst I was reading displayed on my screen. (There are some faults in the book-to-movie translation, don't get me wrong but it's not as many as many others so it doesn't really irk me.) Anyways, back to what I was saying! This movie is great and you should all see it!!


4. Gravity

"A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space."

The winner of many Oscars for it's noteworthy performances, original picture, and breathtaking cinematography. It is a great movie, I love it yet I hate it. It's an awesome movie yet the worst. It brings joy to me yet so much frustration. I recommend this movie, and even though this movie has many awards, it's not to everyone's liking.

5. Cookie

It's not a very known movie, especially because it's from France and all in French. I had the privilege of stumbling upon it and taking the time to see it with the help of English subtitles and I liked it so, so much. It's somewhat of a tearjerker and it made my father cry, and that's something! Critics online regard it so lowly but it is such a great movie, it deserves a chance! Go watch it!


Disclaimer: The photos in this post are not mine. 

Related articles-

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38